In the summertime, many women (including me) yawn when they hear about exercise. Running, squats, sweating? No thanks. It’s completely against my summer beliefs: relaxing, tanning, swimming and going in trips. However, all this will not help me to keep my body in a decent shape; especially with so much Ice Cream around. I had to make small adjustments to my diet to be sure that I can enjoy this summer without worrying about my weight. I bet they will work for you!
- Eliminate any kind of soda from your diet. At least for these months! Sometimes you want to drink something sweet at lunch, so water is not enough. Luckily, in the summer there are so many fruits on the market, that you have no excuse to replace them with sugary drinks. A mint lemonade or a watermelon juice is better than anything that you could buy from the store.
- Make Ice Cream at home. You are clearly not in the mood to spend hours in the kitchen, so I’ll not tell you to follow a complicated Ice Cream recipe. Instead, all you have to do is to take your favorite fruits and put them in the blender. Blend them for two minutes, then put them in special Ice Cream molds and place them in the freezer for a few hours. You will get a healthy, refreshing, tasty and low calories Ice Cream!
- Use Lemon… for everything! I noticed how beneficial it can be when I had an obsession for Lemonade a few years back. I was drinking a few glasses per day and in a few weeks, my metabolism completely changed and I lost some kg without doing anything else. Now, I try to add lemon to anything in the summer: juice, smoothie, salad, soup or even plain water.
- Swim. As much as you can! This is a great way to keep yourself fit without actually going to the gym or working out. You don’t need to live near the Ocean for this; there are plenty of pools around you. Everyone loves a fun day at the pool, and you can count on this as a good form of exercise.
- Eat more veggies than meat. You don’t have to become vegetarian or anything; just take advantage of all those yummy veggies that you can find in the summer. In the winter, you will have plenty of time to eat steak and other heavy meals; for now, fresh salads and light dressings!