To apply makeup when you have dry skin can be a real challenge. I can’t even remember how many times I had to wipe my foundation because it looked awful on my dry patches. Of course, you have to stay away from any powder or blush, because they will dry your skin even more, right? Well, things are not so difficult as you think. There are many things that you can do to apply the makeup in better way even if you have dry skin:
- Use a foam foundation. You probably thought that a liquid foundation is the best for you, but this is not exactly right. Liquid foundations tend to be absorbed in your skin very fast, so your face will feel dry after a few hours. This, of course, if it does not stick to your flakes and make your entire skin look weird. Use a foam product next time and apply it with a sponge, not with your fingertips.
- Use a creamy blush. Forget about the powder brush that will make your skin feel “tight”. A cream blush will give you the glow that you need and it will add some moisture at the same time.
- Use essential oils instead of moisturizer. Your skin is so dry because it actually lacks essential oils; the problem is that you can’t get these from any moisturizer. Instead of spending your money on expensive lotions, apply some almond or lavender oil on your face one hour before you put your makeup. You will not even believe how soft and refreshed your face feels.
- Scrub your face every now and then. How often, it depends entirely on how dry your skin is. In general, you should not wait more than a week to apply a gentle scrub. It will remove the dead cells and the flakes and it will allow you to apply your makeup smoothly.
- Drink water. This is, in the end, the most important thing that you have to do. If you stay hydrated your skin will look amazing!