It’s so hot outside, that food is the last thing in my mind. The only thing that I can imagine myself eating is Ice Cream, and I bet that many other people feel the same way. However, Ice Cream and Milk Shakes will not do us any good, especially if we have them every day. We need to find some snacks that have a decent amount of calories, that are healthy, filling and keep us hydrated in the same time. It sounds impossible? It’s not.
- Watermelon. If this is not the perfect snack for the summer, then I don’t know what it is. It contains so much water that it will cut the hunger and the thirst in the same time, and it is incredibly healthy also. Plus, you don’t have to worry about eating too much; it has a very small amount of calories and you can fit it perfectly in your diet.
- Citrus fruits. What can be better in a hot summer than a cold lemonade? If you are not a big fan of lemon, you can eat oranges and grapefruits; they will give you a good amount of vitamins, they will keep you hydrated and you will feel full for a few hours. Besides, they will make wonders for your skin.
- Yoghurt. We all like greek Yoghurt, but we don’t know how beneficial it can be in a hot day. Yoghurt is a filling but light snack that you can have at any time (unless you are lactose intolerant, of course). Combine it with some blueberries and you have the perfect dessert for the day.
- Cherries. If these are available in your country, stock up on them this summer. They are not only incredibly tasty, but they can also help you lose some weight since they have such a high amount of antioxidants. Cherries are also hydrating, so you don’t have to worry about drinking water every five minutes.
- Tomatoes and Cucumbers. I’m not saying to spend your day eating cucumbers, but at least try to introduce them in your diet as often as possible.They contain a very high amount of water and almost no calories; perfect for the summer!