We all dreamed about this: going to visit the World by yourself. It’s an exciting adventure and not many people have the chance to take part in it. If you are thinking about your next trip you should take some security measures to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some tips that you should apply if you are travelling alone:
- Learn how to “pack light”. It’s easy to move around with a small luggage and you will not have to ask for help. Besides, if you do need to leave a certain place fast, it will be easy for you to gather your things. You have the freedom to travel by with any car or airplane if you don’t need to arrange transport for your huge luggage.
- Don’t wear jewellery. First of all, you want to be as comfortable as possible, so stay away from statement necklaces and big earrings. Second, precious jewellery could bring unwanted attention to you. You never know what can happen on the way, especially when you travel alone. Leave your golden rings at home!
- Keep some money in your shoe. Yes, seriously! If you lose your bag or something happens you need to be sure that you will have enough money to reach to your hotel.
- Wear your passport under your clothes. There are those trips where you stay in a luxury hotel and spend all day shopping. On the other hand, there are also those trips where you visit isolated villages and climb mountains. Losing your passport in a place like this would be a disaster, so keep it in an inside pocket.
- Don’t admit that you are alone. Let’s say that a friendly stranger will approach you and ask you if you are travelling alone. The best thing to do in this situation is to say that you are with your family, but they are still at the hotel. Better safe than sorry!
- Don’t drink water from public sources. It does not matter where you are; it’s not a risk that you should take. The last thing you want is to have stomach problems during your travel.
- Write important numbers and adresses on a piece of paper. Your phone can run out of battery when you less expect it. What if you need to call the hotel, your friends or the embassy?